Thermal Transfer Label Paper Technical Data
Following is the technical data sheet for our standard White Thermal Transfer 50Lb paper with a permanent adhesive on a 42lb liner. If you are interested in testing our labels, please visit our sample request page. Please read this for information on the difference between thermal transfer and direct thermal label printing. Visit this page for the technical data on our white direct thermal label paper.
BRIGHT WHITE MATTE THERMAL TRANSFER LABEL PAPER (50/Perm/42)
FACE STOCK - Ultra smooth, smudge resistant with excellent imaging properties with premium coating.
- Basis Weight: 44 lbs. (65 g/m²) - TAPPI T-410
- Ream Basis: 25” x 38” – 500 sheets
- Caliper: 3.0 mils - TAPPI T-411
- Tensile: MD: 28 lbs./in., (4.9 kN/m), CD: 17 lbs./in., (2.98 kN/m) - TAPPI T-494
- Tear: MD: 39 grams, (382 mN), CD: 50 grams, (490 mN)- TAPPI T-414
- Smoothness: Sheffield 20 cc/minute - TAPPI T-538
- Smoothness: Parker PS 1.75 microns - TAPPI T-555
- Stiffness: L&W MD: 170 mN
- CD: 100 mN - TAPPI T-556, (pm-95)
- Brightness: 86.5% - TAPPI T-452
- Opacity: 88% - TAPPI T-425
- Permanent acrylic adhesive tackified for general purpose applications with great die-cutting and stripping properties, even on wide web applications. Excellent adhesion to many substrates, especially corrugated.
- Shear: 2.2 Hr (1/2” x 1” x 1000 grams)
- Stainless Steel Loop Tack: 56 oz/in² (1.57 Kg/25mm) Corrugated Loop Tack: 18 oz/in² (0.51 Kg/25mm)
90 Degree Peel (20 min dwell)
- Stainless Steel - 1.6 Lb/in (28.56 Kg/m)
- Polyethylene - 1.4 Lb/in (24.99 Kg/m)
- Corrugated - 0.8 Lb/in (14.28 Kg/m)
- Minimum Application Temperature: 40ºF
- Recommended Service Temperature Range: -65ºF to 200ºF (-54ºC to 93ºC)
- 42# semi-bleached densified kraft liner.
- Basis Weight: 24” x 36” – 500 42 lbs (65.1 g/m²)
- Caliper: Average: Std Dev: 2.5 mils - 2.3 – 2.7 - .18 mil max
- Tensile: MD: 35 lbs/in CD: 17 lbs/in
- Opacity: 60% 63% maximum
- One year when stored at 72º F and 50% R.H.
Thermal Transfer applications include: Shipping and distribution, mailing, product identification; circuit board tracking; permanent marking and identification; samples and file tracking; asset tagging; inventory identification; certification labels such as UL/CSA, archive, laboratory specimens; cold storage and freezers; and weatherproof and waterproof outdoor applications